Physical therapy for geriatric population emphasizes optimizing the functions of the aging adult. With age, one’s body experiences wear and tear, and in the process, it may sometimes lead to disability and pain, thereby limiting their daily activities. Geriatric physical therapy serves as an effective mode of improvement in their mobility, giving them strength and balance. It helps the aging individuals in building confidence and staying active.
Physical therapy treatment is carried out as per the patient’s specific goals. The individual treatment programs at different ages have proven to restore mobility, increase strength, reduce pain and improve fitness levels.
There are different geriatric conditions that can be treated with physical therapy -
- Osteopenia & Osteoporosis
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Fall Risk & Gait Training
- Generalized Reconditioning
- Cancer-related Complications
- Osteoarthritis & Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Generalized Weakness & Loss of Function
- Joint Replacement & Other Orthopedic Surgeries
- Neurological Disorders; Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s, Stroke, Vestibular & Balance disorders
We design a physical therapy program specific to the patient’s needs and goals, including required exercises for swallowing and breathing, and tactics to help with them with memory and attention.